Air compressors are used to power many of the tools and machines in your garage. Although these were usually used in factories, air compressors for home garages have now entered the market. Traditionally, one would use saws and hammers to go about their work. However, air compressors can make life easier by using pneumatic equivalents and completing such difficult tasks easily. Using tools with the hand requires sufficient strength, coordination and technique but with air compressors, the job can be done very quickly.
- 1 Top 10 Air Compressors For Home Garage Chart
- 2 How to select the best air compressor for home garage
- 3 10 Air Compressors Reviews:
- 3.1 1. WEN 2289 Air Compressor- 10 Gallon
- 3.2 2. ROLAIR JC 10 PLUS 1 HP OIL-LESS COMPRESSOR
- 3.3 3. MAKITA MAC2400 BIG BORE 2.5 HP AIR COMPRESSOR
- 3.4 4. PORTER-CABLE PCFP02003 3.5-Gallon 135 PSI Pancake Compressor
- 3.5 5. California Air Tools 10020C Ultra Quiet Oil-Free and Powerful Air Compressor
- 3.6 6. Viair 00088 88P Portable Air Compressor
- 3.7 7. Ingersoll-Rand Garage Mate – 2 HP, 5.5 CFM, Model# P1.5IU-A9
- 3.8 8. Makita MAC5200 Big Bore 3.0 HP Air Compressor
- 3.9 9. Campbell Hausfeld DC200000
- 3.10 10. Makita AC001 Compact Air Compressor
- 4 Why should you need a perfect air compressor for your home garage?
- 5 Buying Guide
Top 10 Air Compressors For Home Garage Chart
It may be difficult for you to decide what qualities to look for in an air compressor. We have gathered the information from different user reviews and manufacturers to give you the best product. There are many brands producing air compressors and all of them have different specifications. We will compare and contrast all these differences and make it easier for you to decide where to invest. Since this might be your first time buying an air compressor, you have to be careful in finding the right product which fits your needs. After taking a look at the list of compressors that we have come up with, it will be easier for you to make the right decision.
How to select the best air compressor for home garage
Choosing the best air compressor for you may be difficult if you are not familiar with all the specifications of the compressor. Alternately, it can also be difficult if you are not exactly clear about your requirements and how you plan to use the compressor. Because you would be choosing the air compressor for the first time, you need too closely understand all the details so that you can avoid wasting your money on a product that does not make your work efficient. You need to have correct knowledge about your tools in order to get the right work done from the air compressor for your automotive tools.
The air tools used are much more powerful than the traditional tools and may help you get the job done considerably faster. Work such as grinding, cutting, sanding etc. can be done in a fraction of a time with the help of an air tool.
The following points will help you select the best air compressor for your home garage:
You need to figure out what you require from the air compressor. Do you need it to power very demanding machinery? Alternatively, do you need it for smaller tools in your garage? If you want to use the compressor for heavy machinery, you will require piston machinery which is bigger in size and difficult to move. While on the other hand, if you want to use the compressor for smaller machinery, you can get a portable air compressor which you can move around with comfort.
2.Know the Horsepower:
Air compressors have a range of horsepower between 1.5 and 6.5 HP. The horsepower is important to understand what the air compressors cubic feet per minute are.
3.Cubic Feet per Minute:
This measures the volumetric flow of your machine. A standard CFM proves to be the best for an air compressor that you can use for your home garage. So, look for a CFM of 14.5 PSIA at 20 degree Celsius. To match your air tools probably with the air compressors, add the SCFM from all your air tools and add a substantial safety buffer (about 30%). The number you get now is the number you want your air compressor to be. This results in an efficient performance.
4.Size of your tank:
This is one of the most important things that you need to keep in mind when selecting the best air compressor for your garage. If you want to use the air tools for short rounds of time, you will be fine using a small sized tank. However, for continuous and long periods of time, you need to keep a large tank for your air compressor. You also need to keep in mind if you will require your air compressor to work on fuel, batteries or if you will have a power outlet in your garage.
Using these key points, you can select the best air compressor for your home garage.
10 Air Compressors Reviews:
1. WEN 2289 Air Compressor- 10 Gallon
Whether you need an air compressor for your garage or for a workshop or even for the job site, you will really find this model useful. It is simply compatible with different types of pneumatic tools, for example, nailers, spray guns, staplers, etc. The transportation together with its storage is not a big deal because it has seven-inch wheels that never get flat and also, it has a rubber-gripped handle. Even, you can perform major tasks with much ease and consistency without any sort of interruption or maintenance.
The following are the features offered by the wen 2289 Air compressor:
- This air compressor is efficient enough as it can provide a maximum pressure of up to 135 PSI.
- You will be happy to know that you get two years of warranty with this air compressor.
- You will not have any difficulty to move or drag this compressor because on one side, it is light in weight and on the other side, this air compressor has wheels and handle.
- All the parts of this air compressor are really genuine and it is equipped with two pressure gauges and a quick drain valve that is easy to reach.
- The lifespan of WEN 2289 Air compressor is longer as compared to many other models because of the reason that it has oil free pump. Hence, there is no need to provide any sort of lubrication to this device.
These are only some of the features offered by the WEN Company and we feel that the ones mentioned above are enough for a suitable air compressor for a house garage.
- Model Number: 2289
- Weight of object: 71.5Lbs.
- Dimensions:16 x 17 x 33.5 inches
Now that we have covered the details, let us now look at the advantages of using this machine.
- Its shutdown function is automatic and hence you don’t need to face any hassle. It will automatically shut down after reaching maximum PSI.
- The best thing about this compressor is that it comes with 2 pressure gauges. One pressure gauge works to supervise internal pressure and the purpose of other one is to speed up air flow.
- It drains valve is quick and easy to reach.
- Warranty of 2 years is enough for an air compressor and this model comes with 2 years of warranty.
- This air compressor is good for fast hose changes.
- It is easily movable because of its handle and wheels.
- The air compressor is noisy. Therefore, it is a little annoying during work and may disturb households around you.
How to use it?
The wen 2289 comes along with an instruction manual which covers most aspects of the machine. They also have a helpline which you can call anytime you face difficulty.
2. ROLAIR JC 10 PLUS 1 HP OIL-LESS COMPRESSOR
Enjoy a quieter work environment with the ROLAIR 1 HP Ultra-Quiet 2.35 CFM at 90 PSI 2.5 Gallon Oil-Less Compressor. You will not have to bear much noise in case of this model because it operates only and only 60 db. Whether you want to use a single roofing gun or you want to use more guns simultaneously, it would not be an issue because this compressor produces 2.35 CFM. The best thing about this compressor is that you can even use it on cold weather. A safety-release valve has also been installed in it so as to make its working much more efficient. Another impressive thing about it is that its design is oil-less that means you don’t have to bear much cost.
Now let’s look at the features offered by the Rolair Jc10 Air compressor:
- HP Hand-Carried Air Compressor which works best for powering inside finish air tools
- The moor produces noise of about 60 Db. which is about the same as of a conversation. Hence, it is quiet enough to work next to all day without stress
- Oil-Less 2 Cylinder Pump Stainless steel reed valves provide reliable power and a Sealed pump means less maintenance
- 5 Gallon Air Tank with a ball valve drain for easy maintenance
- The Roll Cage Design of the Rolair Protects pump and motor
- The machine is well balanced and easy to carry
- Air Line Regulator & Pressure Gauge with large, easy to read dials
- The Intake Filter/Silencer Helps keep air flow clean & quiet.
The features provided above show why Rolair’s product is a promising one. However, let’s look at the pros and cons of a more informed opinion on the matter.
- With the noise levels measured at 60Db, the Rolair is extremely quiet to work with.
- The Rolair is known to perform exceptionally well with the nailers and staplers. Therefore, people who plan on using staplers and nailers should have a look at the Rolair.
- The Rolair is portable and easy to move around the house.
- The machine builds up the pressure very quickly and is also fast at recharging
Now let’s look at some of the Cons
- The Rolair comes without any accessories in the box.
- The machine lacks protective covers on the equipment
- The design is beautiful but the quality of manufacturing does not match the standards of highly valued air compressors
- The performance of the compressor can be compared with that of some of the lower quality products
- Model Number: JC 10
- Weight: 39Lbs
- Dimensions: 17x16x15 inches
3. MAKITA MAC2400 BIG BORE 2.5 HP AIR COMPRESSOR
The MAC2400 is powered by a 2.5 HP motor. If you have been seeking a compressor with less noise, fast delivery and increased compression then you rely on this model because the composition of its pump is cast iron cylinder. No matter how much tough will be job site conditions, this air compressor always proves itself as highly durable. It will produce greater efficiency because its oil pump is oil lubricated and it has more capacity for air. The best thing about this compressor is that it provides longer life to the pump together with the motor and even it works while producing less noise.
- The cast iron pump with big bore and piston is designed to work faster and provide quicker recovery times.
- The roll cage production provides a durable and strong machine to withstand the worksite environment.
- The machine has a Low AMP dray which reduces the frequency of breaker trips.
- The Air filter is one that is used in industrial compressors for greater air intake.
- The machine also has an automatic built-in thermal overload for safety and reliability.
- The tubing in the machine is that of copper finishing increasing the amount of heat dissipated.
These are some of the features provided by the Big Bore. Although these are enough reason for one to buy the Big Bore Compressor, let us now look at some of the Pros and Cons identified in the machine.
- The design and usage of the machine is very user-friendly
- Even though the body is made of plastic, it is very durable and can withstand rough usage
- The handle is placed at a great point on the body and therefore, is easy to carry around
- There is no tension of leaks. This is very important as leaks may damage the surrounding in which the machine is kept.
- Delivers high-quality work
- Very noisy at times so it creates an environment where work cannot be completed in comfort.
- The weight is heavier than other air compressors
- Model Number: MAC 2400
- Weight: 77Lbs
- Dimensions: 19x18x18 Inches
How to use it?
The Big Bore comes along with a quick guide as well as an instruction manual. For any queries, you can check up on these guides and solve any issues you may face.
All in all, the Makita provides the customers with a very easy to use the product.
4. PORTER-CABLE PCFP02003 3.5-Gallon 135 PSI Pancake Compressor
Do you want to get long-term runtime with a compressor? Do you want to get quick recovery? If so then Porter Cable PCFP02003 is a model that you have been looking for. You don’t need to maintain it again and again and without any interruption, you can carry on working because it has the durable oil-free pump. You will be really surprised to know that the total weight of this model is 26 lbs. so you can carry this compressor anywhere. You can use it for different purposes for example, for general inflating, multiple trim finish nailers, and a lot more.
We now discuss the features provided by the Porter Cable to understand what qualities Porter Provides.
- The machine offers a 120V 0.8 HP motor that starts quickly in cold weather
- Porter Cable comes along with a Maintenance-free oil-free pump with a long lifespan
- The Porter-Cable 3.5 Gal 135 PSI pancake compressor delivers 2.0 SCFM flow rate at 90 PSI
- The product also contains two gauges and a factory-installed connector to quickly connect the compressor to air tools. This helps you save tons of time in your endeavors.
- For a reliable usage, you can also receive a 1-year limited warranty from the company which covers you if the product somehow fails to work.
- One of the most important aspects of the air compressor is their weight. The porter cable is very lightweight and therefore easy to move around.
- The noise levels which this machine hits are not very high; therefore, a quiet and comfortable working environment is created.
- The Porter Cable is priced at a very reasonable amount which can be afforded by a typical household. The device, hence, gives you value for money.
- The finishing of the machine is outstanding and the work delivered is one of high quality.
Looking at the Pros, one might figure that this product is completely fault-free. However, every product has their downsides. The following are the cons for the Porter Cable.
- One of the biggest disadvantages of this air compressor is that it does not come with a hose. Therefore, one has to invest in a hose to attach to the air compressor.
- Another fault is that the hose, when attached between the pump and the tank, gets extremely hot. This might prove to be a safety hazard and should be taken care of when using.
Model Number: pcfp02003
Weight: 26 Lbs.
Size dimensions: 18.1 x 17.5 x 18.2 Inches
To conclude, the Porter Cable was designed keeping the home user in mind and is, therefore, made very easy to use and user-friendly. The unit works very reliably and can be counted upon to deliver the work according to your standards.
5. California Air Tools 10020C Ultra Quiet Oil-Free and Powerful Air Compressor
This steel tank air compressor is considering as the best one because it is the quietest air compressor in the industry. There are many models claiming less noise but this model is the one that produces no noise as it produces only 70 dB sound. The new models of this air compressor have also been even launched that work continuously for a long time without any interruption. Like many other compressors, this one also comes with oil-free Dual Piston Pump so it is durable enough.
Now let’s look at some of the features offered by the California Air Tools Compressor
- It has an Oil-free pump which allows you to use in any sort of temperature, any kind of weather and on any kind of terrain
- The compressor has an easy start valve which accounts for fewer amps used to start the machine
- The machine has a large tank kit but it is still very easy to move around because of the attached wheels. Hence, greater portability is promised.
- This machine is made for people who look for power, strength and the requirement of less maintenance over the years.
- The California Air Compressor is very durable and the solid body can withstand scratches to a high degree.
- The Compressor also offers an aesthetic design which means that you can now get work done with a machine which adds to the beauty of your store shed
- The oil-free pump offers a good deal as it requires very less maintenance
- The machine, at 60Db, is extremely quiet which means that a comfortable working environment can be developed while using this machine.
Now let’s look at some of the downsides this product may offer.
- The wheels attached to the product are made of plastic and are very low quality, therefore portability may suffer in rough terrain
- The handle is not placed at a very efficient point and is very small making it difficult to carry around
Model Number: 10020C
Weight: 91 Lbs.
Size Dimensions: 16 x 15.1 x 35.9 inches
6. Viair 00088 88P Portable Air Compressor
This compressor is really small as well as portable. All you need to do is to connect your vehicle’s battery with heavy duty battery clamps and then you are ready to start the engine. You can connect the tire valve system as well to check the tire pressure. In simple words, Viair 00088 88P Air compressor is the one that is really reliable and its performance is really outstanding.
The machine provides a permanent magnetic motor
- The Viair has an oil-free design which makes sit perfectly for home garage use.
- The Viair also offers a high-performance PTFE piston ring. This makes the air compressor one of the best performing machines in the market.
- It also offers an aluminum alloy cylinder. This makes it a bit lighter than a traditional air compressor.
- A power cord of almost 10ft offers greater portability for the compressor. Larger areas can easily be targeted with this machine.
- Another feature of this great product is that it has a gearless direct drive motor.
- You can also find an LED work light which can help people use the product at night as well.
- Now that we have covered the features. Let’s move on to the Pros and Cons of the Machine.
The Viair offers many advantages as discussed in the following lines
- The Viair produces very less noise so it makes for an ideal workstation environment where you can concentrate on your work to the best of your abilities.
- The pump used in the compressor is better than that used in most brands, therefore, it can pump faster and save you some time.
- The Viair includes a very high Max air pressure limit which opens a wide array of possibilities for you
- The package also includes a 3 tip inflation kit for inflating objects.
- The product offers a 12ft long hose and a 9ft long power cord. These add to the user-friendly characteristics of the Viair.
- It should also be noted that the machine is very small and portable so you can use it for those small tricky places where a huge air compressor isn’t feasible to use.
Of course, the product must have certain cons so now we look at some of the setbacks of the Viair.
- The biggest and main disadvantage is that a carrying case or a bag is not included in the package.
- You have to clip your tools to a battery
- The product includes the twist on connectors. These are not entirely bad but are resented by a huge population.
Overall, the Viair provides one of the finest high-performance air compressors in the market as of this moment.
- Model Number: 88p
- Weight: 4.5 Lbs.
- Size Dimensions: 6.8 x 6.2 x 10.8 Inches
7. Ingersoll-Rand Garage Mate – 2 HP, 5.5 CFM, Model# P1.5IU-A9
This product is designed for professionals who have some hands-on experience and people who are serious about doing it themselves, the versatile Garage Mate is ideal for the home, shop or job site. This compressor delivers maximum air and hence it is compatible with many devices for example paint sprayers, grinders, impact guns, drills, etc. Ingersoll Rand is not a common name because it is a very famous brand. This company has been serving for years and so far, it has provided the wide range of high-quality tools for home users together with professionals. When it comes to their air compressors, Ingersoll has serious bragging rights as it dominates the market for such tools. One must say that it is a top brand because it’s designing and functioning is simply outstanding.
- The Ingersoll Air Compressor offers a portable design. With a heavily built handle and an otherwise durable body, it is great for professionals and people who like working on their own.
- The Air Compressor offers a very low Db. making it user-friendly and less noisy. Therefore, creating an ideal workplace.
- The device provides a continuous force and can be used for longer durations.
- The durable body, along with a belt and guard guarantees a longer life of the product.
- The Ingersoll Compressor performs four times better than its petroleum counterparts.
Now let’s look at some of the pros and cons this compressor has to offer.
- The compressor comes with a 6 ft. long power cord for enhanced and easier use.
- The device brags an OSHA safety and reliability certification, making it one of the more credible products in the market.
- A very low noise is made by the machine making it ideal for your work shed.
- The metals used to make the body are free of moisture and are guaranteed to be free of rust
- The device has enhanced portability and also offers wheels intact to help with the movement around the house.
Now that we have covered the advantages, let us look at some of the cons this compressor has.
- There is a limit as to the CFM of the air tools that can easily be attached to the Air compressor. This is one of the greatest setbacks to be experienced by any compressors.
- Model Number:5IU-A9
- Weight: 200 Lbs.
- Size Dimensions: 22 x 23 x 43 Inches
As you can see, Ingersoll provides many of the needed requirements by users and proves to be one of the best in the market.
8. Makita MAC5200 Big Bore 3.0 HP Air Compressor
Makita’s 3.0 HP Air Compressor is equipped with a Big Bore engineered pump cylinder and piston for higher output for two nailers. This compressor is of professional quality as it holds industrial power. It is durable for bigger projects as well. There is a folding handle and rugged wheels so that you can easily move it from place to place. The highly reputed product has an engineered pump with cast iron cylinder has greater bore and stroke for increased compression, faster recovery, and less noise
Makita MAC5200 Big Bore 3.0 HP Air Compressor is one of the best (if not the best) portable air compressors on the market right now, and it’s reliability of manufacturing an extremely high power output (150 PSI max) make it a deal worth looking into for anyone who’s serious about getting the job done.
- Makita MAC5200 employs a cast iron pump with a big bore cylinder which works to give you a faster recovery time. This results in less time wasted.
- The pump in this air compressor is lubricated by oil for smooth running and to avoid wear and tear
- The cast iron cylinder attached to the compressor is removable so that it is easy to maintain. The cylinder is also very durable and so avoids scratches and wear.
- The compressor has a rugged wheel attached to it so that you can move it around even in rough terrain.
- The discharge tube is made of copper for greater heat reduction.
- The machine provides an industrially sized air filter for greater air intake and higher performance.
Now that we have covered the features, let us look at some of the pros and cons of this Air Compressor.
- One of the biggest differences between the Makita Mac 5200 and other machines in the market is that it deals greatly with the heat dissipation aspect of the air compressor.
- The design of this compressor is in a normal sized frame. It is compact and does not waste space.
- Even though it is smaller in size, it still outputs a great PSI which is enough for any air tool you want to work within the house
- The device is not very expensive and is definitely value for money
- The noise levels are very low with this machine making it better than a lot of different products available on the market.
Now let’s look at some of the cons for this product
- The Makita has plastic wheels which may or may not be very useful in the portability aspect of the device.
- Even though it has a small compact size, the Mac5200 is heavy as compared to some of its counterparts.
- Model Number: MAC5200
- Weight: 104.4 Lbs.
- Size Dimensions: 29 x 19.5 x19 Inches
9. Campbell Hausfeld DC200000
Do you want to get such an air compressor that you can use on your own? Well, Campbell Hausfeld DC200000 is the one that is great for you. The product life is really satisfactory because of its high-quality induction motor. The best feature of this air compressor is that you don’t have to maintain it frequently as its design is oil free. It is such a professional air compressor that you can bring it into use for wide range of workshop projects. It is portable and you can transport it easily because it has steel handle and also, its wheels are large. The Air Compressor has been produced while keeping the average home user in mind and so it is equipped with the small quirks to help you get the job done.
- This Air Compressor has a 20 Gallon Air Compressor which is horizontal. This helps in transportation.
- The oil-free pump provided with the machine is easy to use and ensures greater motor efficiency.
- The Campbell Hausfeld also offers bigger wheels than most air compressors in the markets which add greatly to the portability aspect of the device.
- The machine has an easy to read control manually to completely control the air compression and the pressure.
- Using an optimal air hose with it, it can prove to be one of the most efficient air compressors in the market.
Let us now look at some of the advantages and disadvantages of the Campbell Hausfeld Air Compressors.
- The machine is said to be highly reliable in regards of safety and performance
- The Campbell Hausfeld Air Compressor is not very expensive and delivers a good value for money.
- The tank fills up very quickly so it is efficient in regards of time consumption
- The machine is not too loud so it provides a good peaceful working environment
Now that we have looked over the Pros, let us now look at some of the downsides that have been identified.
- One of the biggest disadvantages this machine offers is that the packaging is very poor. The protective covers over the machine and motors are not very durable and usually result in broken parts when the compressors are delivered.
- Model Number: DC200000
- Weight: 92 Lbs.
Size Dimensions: 31.5 x 14.9 x 30.3 Inches
10. Makita AC001 Compact Air Compressor
You will be familiar with many air compressors but Makita air compressors are really outstanding in terms of their performance. These compressors are highly reliable because they produce less noise and have faster recovery time. In simple words, this Makita AC 001 Compact air compressor is simply perfect to use in a home garage.
- It comes with an induction motor having powerful 1/6 horsepower and hence it provides as much as 125 PSI.
- Its motor and pump is extra protected because of its roll cage constructions.
- This air compressor is simply ideal for home use because it produces less noise and hence you feel comfortable to work with it.
- Can you imagine that the total weight of this compressor is just 23.1 lbs.! Hence, this device is portable and easy to drag and transport.
- It produces less noise and so you do not feel any disturbance to work with it.
- The roll cage is a pro feature of it that you don’t find in other air compressors. Hence, the motor and pump will get extra protection.
- The device is light in weight and you know that the lighter is a device, easier it is to move.
- It offers much longer tools life.
- There isn’t any prominent update in this model as compared to previous air compressors of Makita.
- Model Number: AC001
- Item weight: 23.1 pounds
- Item dimensions: 14 x 15 x 15 inches
Why should you need a perfect air compressor for your home garage?
Air compressors are extremely useful for people who like to take their try at completing house chores by themselves. So why would you need an air compressor?
- It will help you save costs because it is versatile. Instead of buying many different tools, you can buy one air compressors that help do very diverse tasks. It is also not very expensive as it lies in the range of $300-$500.
- It is useful if you want to carry out painting in your home. The air compressor will power the spray gun and you can use it very efficiently to paint furniture, walls. You can even paint intricate objects and give attention to details once you get the hang of how the compressor works. The advantage of using a spray gun with the compressor is that it will give a very smooth texture and a very professional look to your product.
- For people who enjoy carpentry, the air compressor is a must have at home. In addition to bringing smoothness to your work, it clearly reduces the time it normally takes to a fraction.
- One of the biggest advantages of the air compressor is that it can help you to fill the air in tires. In emergencies, this machine may come in handy as it provides to be an immediate solution. Owning an air compressor if you have multiple vehicles is a plus.
Another advantage of the air compressor is that it can be used inside the house as well. The air compressor can help in dusting around the house. In the small cracks around the house, where the hands cannot reach, this device can be used to safely clean crevices. The compressor can also be sued to clean you’re the tires of your bike or your car. The excess dirt immersed between the textures of the tires can be removed by blowing on it by the air compressor. Using a portable air compressor, in this case, can help you out when on driving adventures. For off-road vehicles, keeping a portable air compressor can come in handy. A flat tire during the way can be fixed in minutes by using an air compressor. You can also use an air compressor when you want to fill inflatable toys for kids. For bigger objects such as an inflatable castle, air compressors can be very helpful in cutting down the time. Apart from these, having an air compressor can help you clean your messy workstation at the end of a tiring day. You do not have to clean up the dust and mess from your table. All you have to do is turn the air compressor on and all your troubles are gone. Air compressor powered pressure washers can help you clean the dirt found between bricks or on the driveway. All in all, the benefits are endless with the air compressor. Once you have the right product, you can do miracles.
I will now provide you with some information that you should keep in mind before buying your first air compressor. The following are some of the key specifications of a compressor that is necessary for an efficient usage.
The horsepower of your compressor has a direct relationship with the general performance of your compressor. To be safe, you should keep an eye on the amperage of the air compressor.
PSI stands for Pound for Square Inch. The Psi is a unit for pressure and has importance in the usage of the compressor. Certain air tools have a stated minimum PSI that they require to start. This limit must be matched by the air compressor or else, the tool will not work.
CFM stands for Cubic Feet per Minute. This is a unit of flow in and out of space. Typically, your air tools would require a CFM of 4-6 to work. Keep in mind that your air compressor matches the cfm with your air tools.
The tank size will help you measure the amount of air compressed in the tank. This helps give you an idea about the approximate time you can work the air tool.
These are some of the basic points that you should focus on when making the choice. Other factors include knowing exactly the kind of air tools you will be employed with the air compressor so that keep all requirements in mind. Another important point is that you need to know about your required portability of the compressor. Hence, size would be something that would require your attention. With the wide variety available, you can choose from smaller sizes, and battery powered air compressors. I will now show you some of the best products in the markets and discuss their advantages and disadvantages so that you may make an informed decision.