There are times when you need an air compressor for your automotive air tools. It is not only convenient for you but will save you a considerable amount of money as well as time.
And we would suggest you go for the best air compressor for automotive air tools if you need one. It will be there with you for a long time and will assist you in numerous projects.
And you can consider California Air tools 10020C 10-gallon compressor to be the best air compressor for automotive air tools.
It has all the capabilities that make it the best air compressor for automotive tools.
The size of the tank is 10 gallon. It is sufficient enough to provide ample to the tools to make them run for a long time. On the other hand, the tank is also small enough so that you can move it easily.
It will not take much time to fill up the tank again once it is out of air.
This air compressor comprises two quick release connectors, which two people can use at the same time. Thus, for all these reasons, you can consider California Air tools 10020C 10-gallon compressor to be the best air compressor for the automotive tools.
Top Chart Of The Best Air Compressor For Automotive Air Tools
- 1 Top Chart Of The Best Air Compressor For Automotive Air Tools
|Image||Product Name||Rating||Check Price|
|BOSTITCH BTFP3KIT 3-Tool Portable Air Compressor Combo Kit||4.3/5||Check Latest Price|
|Clore Jump-N-Carry JNCAIR 1700-Amp Jump Starter||4.4/5||Check Latest Price|
|California Air Tools 4620AC||4.2/5||Check Latest Price|
|Makita MAC2400 2.5 HP* Big Bore Air Compressor||4.4/5||Check Latest Price|
|PORTER-CABLE C2002 Oil-Free UMC Pancake Compressor||4.2/5||Check Latest Price|
Why You Should Buy The Best Air Compressor For Automotive Air Tools
Air compressor is one of the useful tools to the contractors, automotive specialists, heavy-duty mechanics and hobbyists. All these professionals use air compressors in different ways. You can find large sized stationary compressors and the portable models.
However, one of the most common uses of these air compressors is in the automotive industry. The technicians put together different components for auto assembly. At every step for these activities, they find the use of air compressor.
The application of air tools helps with the easier and faster configuration of automotive parts, designed from various materials.
Now, we have found out the reasons, for which you may invest on the best air compressor for automotive air tools. Construction of engine.
The automotive technicians put together the transmission and the engine. To do it, they rely on the robotic or mechanical arms that help in placing the heavy components rightly. After the installation of these components, the mechanical arms deal with the heavier lifting job.
However, human assemblers choose the air–operated wrenches for fastening the screw of every component.
Managing the smaller parts
Compressed air has also a relation to the function of robotic units that transport, position or lift the side panel, roof parts and door pillars of your automobile.
The painting process for the automobiles–
The professionals go through various steps to paint the shell of your car fully. They first apply a primer for creating the substrate layer, which sticks to the final coating. Before the application of the topcoat, the professionals let the body become dry.
In the present age, they painters apply the robotic arms for coating the automobile. These arms find out the amount of paint, essential for every vehicle.
You may have found that the robotic technology results in the bright, glossy finishes. The best fact is that automotive air compressor is the major tool, causing success to these modern innovations.
Top 5 air compressors for automotive air tools
1. BOSTITCH BTFP3KIT 3-Tool Portable Air Compressor Combo Kit
Well, it is a reliable air compressor that you can use for your automotive air tools. It is a cordless air compressor that consists of 6 gallons tank, 2.6SCFM, 150 PSI.
The motor of this air compressor is highly efficient. On top of it, this compressor is oil-free, and hence, it doesn’t need much maintenance.
The best part about this air compressor is convenient and easy to carry. Also, when you are using this air compressor, you can get a peaceful ambience as it is quiet. You can use this air compressor in both cold weather and extension.
- You can easily understand the usage of this sir compressor as the instructions are written precisely.
- You can easily transport it wherever you want as it is lightweight and rugged. Also, it is made well as well as sturdy.
- You will find no issue in this air compressor regarding air leakage.
- It can serve the purpose of numerous projects surrounding the house. You can also use it for framing the nail gun.
- It delivers sufficient pressure to drive innumerable tools.
- There is no oil in it. Hence, no cost regarding maintenance.
- It makes a bit of noisy and a bit heavier.
- Doesn’t deliver enough Horsepower for painting.
2. California Air Tools 4620AC
The first thing that will come to your mind is that it is amazingly quiet. Most of the air compressors are noisy and not comfortable with ears. But, this will allow you to work in peace.
The pump of California Air Tools 4620AC is oil free and requires low maintenance. Another thing that you will find in this air compressor is its aluminum twin tank.
This tank is crafted in such a way that it there will be no rust in the tank. Another exciting part about this air compressor is that the motor is quite powerful with 2.0 HP.
- Delivers an amazing airflow. The airflow is 5.3 CFM, and that is sufficient for various purposes of work.
- The aluminum tank is also considerable in size. It provides with uninterrupted air for a long time. The size of the container is 4.6 gallons.
- The motor of this air compressor is pretty efficient. It delivers the power of 2 HP, and that is enough for many purposes.
- You don’t have to give extra efforts for the maintenance. It is oil-free and doesn’t need much maintenance efforts.
- The twin aluminum tank of this air compressor is free of rust.
- Gives you 3000 hours of running time while the other compressors will provide you with not more than 500 hours.
- It is quite heavier, and that’s why it is a bit tough to transport it. The weight of this air compressor is 67.2 Lbs.
- It takes 14 amps to start, and that overloads the compressor. You may have to face a bit high charges in your electricity bills.
- Also, it is a bit hard to afford. It comes at the price between $270 and $300. Not many people can afford it.
So, these are the things that you need to know about California Air Tools 4620AC.
3. Clore Jump-N-Carry JNCAIR 1700-Amp Jump Starter
The batteries of this air compressor are quite tough and durable. You can make use of this for a long time. It provides a massive amount of power.
The power is so high that it is enough to stabilize a dead battery. This compressor also comprises of heavy-duty clamps. These heavy-duty clamps ensure that it is delivering the maximum amount of the power to the battery.
You can also auto recharge this. You have to connect the power outlet to the unit. Also, it comes with a fantastic air compressor, and it will work amazingly.
- It is user-friendly and straightforward to operate. No complications are involved in using this product.
- It comprises of a massive amount of starting power. You can begin to numerous tools with this tool.
- This is amazingly transportable. The lightweight and convenient size make it quite easy to carry. With this compressor on your side, you don’t have to worry about taking it.
- The cables of this air compressor are stowed neatly and securely.
- The best part about this air compressor is that it will hold the charge for a very long time. You can use this charge conveniently for a considerable amount of time.
- Many users are complaining that it loses charge within a brief time.
- Also, numerous users have complained that after charging it for three times, the unit is not taking charge properly.
- Many have stated that it is not that durable. It will not stay with you for more than eight months.
- It’s a bit costly, and not everyone can buy it.
- According to some people, the battery of this compressor is pretty, and they have faced some inconvenience while carrying it.
So, these are the most significant aspects of this product that you have to look at.
4. Makita MAC2400 2.5 HP* Big Bore Air Compressor
The piston and the big bore cylinder are made up of cast iron pump. And it is tailored in such a way that it delivers improved performance and enhanced recovery time.
The low amp draw of this air compressor lowers down the incidences that come up with tripped breakers during the starting of it. It also helps you to save a considerable amount of money on your electric bills.
Another essential feature of this air compressor is its durability. It will give you services for a long time. Also, this air compressor provides high efficiency as the pump is lubricated with oil.
The pump of this air compressor is made up of cast iron, and that enhances its life.
- It produces very low noise, and that is quite comfortable for our ears. It provides a peaceful ambiance to both the home and site projects.
- The pump is lubricated with oil, and that is why it is amazingly efficient. It is capable of serving almost all your purposes.
- The big bore cast iron cylinder makes that it has rapid recovery time and lowers the operation of RPM.
- Capable of regulating two air tools as it has a powerful output pressure. Also, when using two air tools, you don’t have to worry about the fluctuations. It is tailored in that way.
- You can maintain this air compressor easily as you can quickly drain the oil and also drain the tank effortlessly.
- You can only transport this air compressor by lifting.
- So You have to maintain this air compressor quite precisely as the pump is lubricated with oil.
- You have to change the oil every 300 hours to keep in the running.
So, acknowledge all these before you are opting to buy Makita MAC2400 2.5 HP* Big Bore Air Compressor.
5. PORTER-CABLE C2002 Oil-Free UMC Pancake Compressor
It allows the tools to run for an extended period. The150 PSI max tank pressure is capable of storing enough pressure to make the tools run for a long time.
The compressor will quickly recover air as 2.6 SCFM at 90 PSI is there. The size of the pancake-style tank is 6 gallon, and that provides stability.
The tank also consists of rubber feet as well as the water drain valve. The motor offers a low amp volt of 120 volts, which makes it easy to start in cold weathers.
Also, this air compressor requires no or negligible maintenance as it is oil free. It is also durable.
- This air compressor is quite compact, and you can use it effortlessly.
- PORTER-CABLE C2002 Oil-Free UMC Pancake Compressor consists of a powerful motor that makes it amazingly efficient. It can provide uninterrupted air to the tools for a long time.
- It is quite affordable, and many people can afford it.
- Another amazing pro of this air compressor is that it is durable. You can use it in numerous projects in the future, and it will assist you.
- It is reasonably quiet. It will not provide you with irritation in your ears. You can work peacefully with this air compressor.
- The motor of this air compressor starts quite quickly.
- There are numerous parts of this compressor that have limited warranty.
- Also, the time warranty for this compressor is limited. You will get a warranty for one year only.
- Some users have reported that the units are poorly constructed.
- The air hose doesn’t have any clamps, and for that reason, it can go through some injuries.
- In the case of novice users, they may find the unit a bit non-user-friendly.
- You have to regularize the units, or else it will be hard for you to start the units.
So, these are the pros and cons of PORTER-CABLE C2002 Oil-Free UMC Pancake Compressor.
Thus, we would suggest you go through the above-written points before buying this air compressor. It will help you to select the compressor appropriately.
How to choose The Best Air Compressor
When you are buying an air compressor for the automotive industry, you have to know the way of choosing the right unit. We have helped you in picking the best air compressor for automotive air tools.
How much big is to be your air compressor?
The air compressors’ size is measurable, based on the air volume, consumed by it in a minute. CFM is the unit for representing this volume. You can find a variation of the air volume, essential for performing a task.
The lowest unit is 2.5 CFM, and the highest one can be 20 CFM. For sanding and painting, high volume is a must. However, for the lighter tasks (tire inflation and cleaning), you may rely on the low volume.
Level of appropriate pressure
The manufacturers design their air compressors in various pressure levels. Choose the proper range of pressure that fulfill your device requirements. 90psi is a must for most of the air tools.
In case of the paint guns, it has to range from 35 to 60 psi. Similarly, 130 psi is essential for tire machines, while for truck jacks, it has to be more than 160 psi. At a lower level of pressure, air compressor is capable of producing higher CFM.
Which air compressor is best for car painting?
You have to focus on this factor as one of the professionals in the automotive industry. The quality of the discharged air is important for preventing any issue and for successful car paint solution.
Waterborne paints have high sensitivity to moisture. Water, present in airlines, may also affect the air tools.
Rotary screw or rotary vane- Which air compressor is the better choice?
Reliability and user-friendliness- these are two major factors to all the users. Rotary vane units use one offset rotor, sustained with two bearings. Their RPM can be less than 1,800.
These units work without making any noise.
Another option for you is rotary screw compressor. This compressor comprises parallel rotors, integrated with different bearings. There are special gears for turning screws at a higher speed.
An insulated unit is effective at reducing the level of noise. These bearings work 40,000 hours, and thus, they are a long-lasting option.
Thus, focus on all the above things for choosing automotive air compressor.
Top Features Of The Best Air Compressor For Automotive Air Tools
Automatic deactivation system-
We know that it is always important to fill your car tire with proper amount of pressure. This helps in avoiding any damage to the car tire.
Thus, while you are looking for the best air compressor for automotive air tools, you may check out the presence of this feature. The compressor becomes deactivated automatically after reaching the target pressure. You will have no risk of the over-inflation of your car tire.
Some air compressors are the portable units. For different applications, these portable designs are highly useful. You will easily be able to move the portable air compressor from one place to another.
One of the major purposes of this feature is the prevention of damage to your air compressor parts. The compressor cannot roll at any time due to the presence of this feature.
They are the detachable parts of your air compressors. They are effective at filtering out the small particles from air very easily. The moisture content in the particles affect the air compressor. That is why air filter is a highly useful part.
This part plays a role for detecting the high level of pressure inside the tank of air tool. While this special switch has identified the target pressure of the tank, it deactivates motor automatically for the ultimate security.
You do not need to test the pressure of air pressure with the manual operation.
Protection against the thermal overload-
This feature is highly essential for the reduction of power of motor when it identifies the chance of overheating. You must know that the high level of heat always causes a negative effect on air compressor.
This part collects the water accumulated in the tank of your air compressor.
As one of the first-time buyers of air compressors, you may have confusion on looking for the best product. Our brief guide will guide you to make the right purchase.
Size of the tank of an air compressor–
The compressor tanks are capable of storing the air and not of producing it. The presence of big sized motor and pump is must to avoid to the reduction of air.
Although the tank size can be small, you will have no issue. The small compressors, having large tank, are available at a reasonable rate.
Oil-free versus oiled air compressors–
Nowadays, the oil-free compressors have become highly popular to the users. The oiled ones are slightly heavier and are pricey.
The oil-free units are very lightweight and do not need much maintenance. You may find that the oiled ones are able to work without making any noise.
However, the introduction of new technologies has solved this noise issue to the modern units. Thus, you may look for the best oil-free compressors.
It is one of the relevant factors to the air compressor buyers. You can find this duty cycle, mentioned in a percentage. While it is a compressor for the hobbyists, the duty cycle may be 50%. A super-duty compressor, having a duty cycle of 100% is able to produce more air.
The horsepower is one of the factors to find out the compressor size, right for you. The average standard compressor works with 5HP.
The horsepower of the gas engine is different from that of the electric motor.
Thus, the above details will help you to find the best air compressor for automotive air tools. Use the air compressor rightly for your automotive purpose.